Terry believes we must keep the commitments made
to our veterans who selflessly served in the armed
forces. During his service as your Representative,
Lee Terry has consistently voted to increase and
improve veterans’ benefits.
- Lee is proud of the fact that Congress has
increased spending per veteran by 85 percent
- from $1,317 in 1994 to $2,443 today.
- He is also supportive of Veterans’ medical
care funding, which has risen by 75 percent
- Lee Terry will continue to support funding
increases to keep the promises made to our soldiers,
sailors and airmen, and to help support their
Terry is a proud cosponsor of legislation to:
- restore the promised 55 percent survivor
benefit to military widows
- reduce the claims backlog at the U.S. Department
of Veterans Affairs (VA)
- end the century-old ban on concurrent receipt
of military retired pay and VA disability compensation
- ensure the VA accurately projects the budgetary
needs of our nation’s veterans, and to
increase medical services and benefits for former
prisoners of war.